Animal-derived Ingredients

Carolyn asked about "hidden" animal products in processed foods. If you
have Web access, you can go to:
http://www.vrg.org/press/97juningred.htm
This is part of the Vegetarian Resource Group's Web site. It lists some
ingredients that are commonly included in commercially prepared foods,
as well as gives order information for the booklet they've prepared
entitled Guide to Food Ingredients.

Also, the Vegetarian Pages has a link to a FAQ that lists animal-derived
ingredients:
http://www.veg.org/veg/FAQ/animal_derived.html

Hope these help. If you don't have Web access, send me a private e-mail
and we'll see if I can't just send the text to you.

Diane
brooksong@xxxxxxxx