Re: Soy

Sharon Romeo wrote:

> I'm doing a research paper on soy for my nutrition class.  I have to do a
> presentation and would like to hand out some recipes using soy products
> and also bring 2-3 items for the class to sample.  I'm considering making
> chili using tvp.  Does anyone have some other ideas that are quick, easy
> to carry and will impress my SAD classmates?  Also I'd like some ideas for
> recipes using tofu, tempeh, soy flour, and soy milk.  I was especially
> looking for some kind of tofu dessert like cheesecake or something else
> that would show that tofu can be used to make tradional dishes.

Sharon,
	I have had good luck using TVP in tacos.  I make my own spice mix from
a recipe intended for -what else- ground c*w.  If you're interested,
just let me know and I will post it.  I also made a batch of blueberry
muffins based on Nava Atlas' recipe using tofu.  They were really good.
I posted that recipe here last week.  Here's another SAD standard
reformed:  Wonderdogs!  We decided that you could serve them at a BBQ
and no one would be the wiser!

> Also, I've been trying to find just plain ol' soybeans to bring in but I
> haven't had any luck (although I haven't tried my hfs).  How are these
> sold?  Dry, canned, frozen???

I buy dried soybeans at the hfs.  They also sell roasted soybeans which
are kind of like eating peanuts.  My daughter loves them.

Let me know if I can help.

Kate