cooking with Irish oats

Hi..a cross post to several different places here..
I recently bought some imported Irish oats at Trader Joes..a great
specialty shop that features lots of healthy foods.
I was wondering if, besides the great oatmeal I have been having, anyone
had recipes for cookies, muffins or other foods that I might incorporate
these into.
I don't think my normal oatmeal cookie recipe would work as the oats are
harder and do require cooking for quite a long time...
Hoping for Ideas here

mailto:elle@xxxxxxxxxx
type 2 diabetic-DX 6/96-glucophage and glynase-off meds 12/96
now controlling with diet and exercise.
down 47 lbs on DrJohn McDougalls starch based Vegan lifestyle
VEGETARIAN WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT GROUP
send a post to"vegwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" with
   "subscribe" in the subject line.
http://lifematters.com/mcdsupp2.html  is a support board for McDougall
plan followers
http://www.rightfoods.com/mcdscience/mcdscience.html   is the McDougall
web site
http://www.rella.com/ffug.html        is the url for the fat-free
digest..a listserve of primarily fat free recipes
and with help from Equinox Products
http://www.equinoxinternational.com     the url for vitamins,minerals and
personal care products
"Life is what happens when you are busy doing other things"
        JFK/ JOHN LENNON