Re: Coffee Creamers

To Frank McCormick:

Frank,

You were asking for replacements for coffee creamers.  When I used to use
cream in my coffee, I made my own mixture of non-fat dry milk and water,
using twice the amount of dry milk as suggested for reconstituting. I
would even make a "latte" by warming the milk in my microwave, then skaking
it vigorously in a shaker and pouring it immediately into my coffee. (I
never did figure out how to use an espresso machine!)

When I was a member of Weight Watchers years ago, I once bought their "coffee
creamer" and discovered that the ingredient (one ingredient) was "non-fat
dry milk".  Wow, did that wake me up to the pricing of pre-packaged
convenience foods!

Hope this helps.

Natalie
natalie.frankel@xxxxxxxxxx