Re: San Francisco

Debbie Vyskocil <debbie@xxxxxxxxxx> asked
> I have been searching for a couple of good restaurants in the San
> Francisco area.  I am going to be booked in there for a week and am
> having a hard time finding good recomendations for vegetarian fare.

There are more really excellent vegetarian restaurants in the SF
bay area than any other place (except maybe Toronto) I've been.

My vote for the best guide is the "Bay Area Vegetarian 1997" a 130
page annual magazine of vegetarian information, recipes and a
comprehensive 20 page dining guide that covers San Francisco and
eleven counties surrounding it.

You can buy BAV'97 at many book stores (it's available at Borders
here in Hawaii) or you can order it direct from the Vegetarian
Foundation, P O Box 9470, Stanford, CA 94309. The mail order cost
is $6 postpaid. (The bookstore price is $4)

While you're there, check out two of my all-time favorites:
Millenium, 246 McAllister (in the Abigail Hotel) near the Civic
Center, for an elegant, beautifully served and imaginative delight to
the taste and the eye; and Kowloon, 909 Grant @ Washington in
Chinatown, for a no-frills delicious meal under $4 (they have veggie
dim-sum, too). Both have vegan and vlf fare.
---
Neal Pinckney <> Healing Heart Foundation <> Makaha, Hawaii <> AH6HM