TOFU-BREAKFAST PANCAKES

TOFU-BREAKFAST PANCAKES:

A number of writers asked for new breakfast recipes. Here's one that you
will REALLY enjoy:

Tofu-breakfast pancakes

This recipe is not entirely original. It was modified from a veggie
restaurant in Chicago. They used a LOT of garlic, which I didn?t put in it.

1 cup brown rice, prepared in a rice steamer, no oil added

2 cups ww flour
1 package silken  Mori-Nu low fat tofu (1 gm/3 oz)
1 large apple
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chopped chives
(2 cloves of garlic if you like garlic for breakfast, chopped) optional
1/4 chopped onion
2 tsp FF fat substitute (Sunsweet Lighter Bake)
1 to 2 cups of FF soy milk, keeping batter slightly runny, it tends to
thicken between batches
powdered cinnamon for topping while frying

Just put all the ingredients in a food processor, except for the cinnamon.
You need to add more soy milk or water to keep the batter from getting too
thick as it sits. Fry in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam. Try to use a
cover to steam the pancakes as much as fry them, as it reduces the amount
of Pam you need to fry them. Reduce the heat as you do subsequent batches,
or they will tend to stick.

Serve pancakes on bed of hot brown rice, with FF maple syrup, jam or jelly.
 This breakfast will be a memorable one.  You can serve this at other times
as well. This is a very high protein breakfast. Trust me. It is absolutely
delicious.

Mike Rosenblatt