Yuca

          My in-laws eat Yuca all the time, and the best way I have
          had it (unfortunately) is deep-fried with this tangy
          ranch-type dressing (YIKES!!  A long time ago, by the way).

          Often, though, they just use it as a potato alternative.
          They eat boiled potatoes with most everything, and now and
          then a boiled Yuca will show up on the side of the plate
          instead.  My mom-in-law usually peels it, chops it up, and
          boils it in a big pot with a tiny bit of salt.  Its also
          nice to boil fresh corn ears with it, makes it a tad
          sweeter.

          Yuca has an unusual texture, and is nice when you are tired
          of those old boring potatoes.