You wrote:

>Just a quick question for Kate.....what is marmite? and can we get it in
>the US?  I've been in England and I know I asked a friend at one time, but
>have forgotten.
I bought a small jar of marmite at a HF store recently.  It's a nutritional
yeast-based product that tastes like miso with a little yeast in it.  It
said on the label that you could spread it on toast, but I don't recommend
that for those of us who didn't grow up with it.  It was pretty strong.  %^*
I would love to know how to use it  if anyone has any ideas other than the
ways we already use miso.  I had heard from an Aussie about vegemite
sandwiches and thought Marmite might be the same.  Does anyone know about

     Jane Smith
     Special Collections, Pickler Memorial Library
     Truman State University (formerly NMSU)
     Kirksville, Missouri  USA