rice pudding, vegan, tried and true

My family loves this, including my SAD, eat anything including rare beef
and baked tofu twenty-something daughter.

Rice Pudding - vegan, tried and true

3 cups cooked rice (I prefer brown, but medium/short grain white also works)
1 cup seeded dates
1/2 cup raisins
1 quart low fat vanilla soy milk
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and/or 1 teaspoon cinnamon

(optional)
chopped fresh fruit such as peeled apple or peaches
diced dried  apricots, etc.

put everything into a large, heavy pot, cook on low, stirring almost
constantly.  After it begins to simmer, keep on a low simmer, stirring for
10 full minutes.  Remove from heat.  Serve room temp or chilled.

(If you don't tell anyone it is "healthy" they won't notice, except for the
tan color from the brown rice and soy milk, just tell them it is the
seasonings)

Jan Gordon <jrg14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To be yourself, in a world that tries, night
and day, to make you just like everybody
else - is to fight the greatest battle there
ever is to fight, and never stop fighting.     --e.e. cummings