Lemon Cheesecake

Here is a recipe for my favorite vlf cheesecake.  It is from the Susan
Powter cookbook "Come On America, Let's Eat."

LEMON CHEESECAKE

Crust
Nonstick spray
1/4 c sugar
2 TBS sugar

1 cup sugar
2 8-oz packages nonfat Philadelphia-Brand cream cheese
1 8-oz package low-fat cream cheese
1 egg
4 egg whites
2 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon rind 1 tsp vanilla extract

Spray pie pan with nonstick spray.  To make crust, combine sugar and
crumbs.  shake into pie pan, lightly covering sides and leaving a thick
layer of crumbs evenly on the bottom.

To make filing, preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat sugar and cream
cheeses together until creamy.  BEat in remaining ingredients.  Pour into
pie pan and bake for about 45 minutes, until set.

Serving Size- 4 oz. (1/8 pie)
Servings per recipe 8
Calories 200
Total Fat 1.64 grams
Saturated Fat 0.682 gram

(Of course the last two are changed by omitting the whole egg.)

I think it tastes best after chilling over night.

I omitted the egg and used 5 egg whites and found it didn't taste any
differently.

I used a food processor to blend the cream cheeses etc.  It made the job
easier.

I hope you like it as much as I do.  The only problem is that it is hard
for me to stop eating.  Therefore, I make it only on special occasions
(like when my weight is where I want it)

Viveca Park

viv_park@xxxxxxxx

I've put a topping of a ff pie filling and found it great that way also.