Re: FATFREE Digest V97 #32

Julie wrote:

>I like to think of myself as informed, discerning, well-read, etc.
>etc.
>But I'm still blown out of the water occasionally from unexpected
>sources. I tried the Baked Lays - KC Masterpiece potato chips and
>found
>them to be pretty good and an acceptable fat ratio.
>
>I bought some more today and decided to read further down the label.
>Imagine my horror to find the ingredient "chicken fat" down toward the
>
>bottom of the list!  I would NEVER expect to find such an ingredient
>in
>an innocent product like potato chips. It's a good reminder that
>vegetarians have to be pretty diligent to weed out offending products.
>
>Julie in San Jose
>
>-********

The exact same thing happened to me.  It was on the second bag that I
decided to read the label.  I was sickened, but glad I read it.  I
promptly gave the bag to my future son inlaw.
They had another babeque chip which I have not found since the KC came
out--but it didn't have chicken fat!  I keep looking for them!!

Viveca Park

viv_park@xxxxxxxx