Comfort Potatoes Recipe

One of the things that I missed when I stopped eating meat (and fat) was
potatoes topped with the sauce from stuffed cabbage or peppers.  So, I
came up with the following substitute.

COMFORT POTATOES

Potatoes, as needed (1-2 per person) cut into 1 inch cubes
Canned whole or stewed tomatoes (about 1/2 cup per potato)
Finely chopped celery (1/3 stalk per potato)
Finely chopped green pepper (1/4 per potato ... omit if using stewed
   tomatoes)
Shredded cabbage (1/2 cup per potato), optional
Vegetarian beef-style or veggie broth (1/4 cup per potato).

Place all items in a pot.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer
until potatoes are very tender.  Make sure you check and stir it every
now and then so it doesn't burn to the bottom of the pot.  Mash
everything together and eat ... yummy!

Vegan