Oatrim

On 28Feb97 Karl asked about using Oatrim, a fat substitute.  He mentioned that
on the bag there was a biscuit recipe.  One thing I have found is that by
tweaking slightly, most baking recipes can be adjusted without bad results.  In
this case, I would begin by trying to create scones, a sweeter version of a
biscuit, usually with dried fruits or chocolate added.  Scones generally also
have dairy added, in that case use your favorite milk sub.  Also consider the
liquid/powder ratios - if Oatrim is a powder, there may not be a lot of options
other than heavy baked items such as biscuits and cookies; you may not be able
to make cakes other the heavier applesauce and banana dessert breads.  I would
like to find this product and begin experimenting as well.  Was it ordered
through the mail, or found at a co-op?  Thanks to everyone who helped with the
TVP dilemma!  Susan