re:green potato skins

About green potato skins:  chlorophyll wouldn't be a problem, but green
potatoes indicate solananine, a toxin.  It isn't good for anyone, but
severely irritates my normally quiet arthritis.   I avoid all potato skins.

Now that I've maligned potatoes, I'll give you a fast convenience food that
contains them:

1 bag of shredded potatoes (16oz?)
1 tube Gimme Lean veg sausage, thawed
1 large onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
black pepper to taste (or some chopped jalapeno)

Mix in a big casserole and microwave, or cook on stovetop in a big
non-stick frying pan.

Anne Cox