Was Re: Cocoa/chocolate granola now Maple granola

> took a look in the fatfree archives for the cocoa/chocolate granola
> recipe I'd posted here some years ago.  I found my apricot granola one
> but not the chocolate, so I tried what I *thought* I'd probably done
> before, it worked out fine, and I'm posting it here.

Oops, turns out that it *was* there after all -- just under *desserts*
rather than breakfast!

Anyway, here's another even-more-unbelievably-simple granola recipe I
made last night:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees:

Dump into a big bowl, and stir until the oats are evenly coated:

     10 cups rolled oats
     1 tsp salt
     1 1/4 cup real maple syrup

As with the other granolas I posted about, spread it all out on a
large cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, taking it out every five
minutes to stir it around, and keep it in an airtight container
shortly after taking it out of the oven, so it stays very crunchy.

You wouldn't believe how good this was!  If you're reading this and
thinking "that sounds too sweet for cereal", well, think of it as a
snack then -- it's very crispy and when you're crunching it up in your
mouth it really does taste like you're eating some kind of fancy maple
cookie.

I should try including some other kinds of rolled/cracked/flaked etc.
grains with the oats in these recipes, but oats really are my
favorite, and IMHO too much wheat in granola makes me feel like I'm
eating stale bread.
--
Tane' Tachyon = tachyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx = http://www.armory.com/~tachyon