Re: FATFREE Digest V97 #18

SRIR@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear Michelle,
>
> How do you bake tofu?

Actually, the 'baked tofu' I use is a commercial product.  I buy it at
the Health Food Store (though our local Safeway's now carry some).  It
tends to be one of the lower-fat tofus.  Comes in various flavors:
Five-spice, teriaki, smoked, etc.  I love the stuff, so have to watch
how much I buy (both fatwise and moneywise!).  I just slice and add it
to salads or eat it plain.  No cooking.  Nice convenience food to have
on hand.  Actually, that'd make a good topic for discussion.  See next
post.

--
Michelle Dick             artemis@xxxxxxxxx              East Palo Alto, CA