ginger for colds

Lynn was asking about teas for colds, etc.   I like to mince about a little
finger's worth of ginger root (I know, but that IS how I measure ginger),
put it in the bottom of a glass teapot, and pour about 4 c of boiling water
over it.  Let it steep for at least 5 minutes.  Drink as tea, you may want
to dilute it depending on your taste for spiciness.  You can add herbal
teabags of your choice, too.
Try adding minced ginger to your veggies and rice, too - the flavor gets
through that clogged cold feeling!  I don't know if it's true that ginger
helps treat infection, but it certainly tastes good.
Anne