healthy cure for colds......

Hi:  this may not be the regular conversation here.  But I was wondering
if any of you had any healthy suggestions for getting over a cold.  Hubby
and I had the flu about a week ago and he's still coughing.  He can't
seem to bring up whatever is causing him congestion.....(of course he
smokes but this is a different cough) and I know his coughs.

I know there are some tea mixtures but I don't know any, do any of you
have any home made cures?

thanks, for any help,  Lynn