Vegan Broccoli Casserole <T>

Here's the recipe I promised.  It was originally from Michelle Dick.
It's very good.  Even my SAD dad (extremely SAD, but trying some new
things) thought it was very good and rich.  BTW, I used half a package
of Mori Nu lite for the tofu.  Also, it made alot more than one
casserole-full.  I filled two and froze one, although only time will
tell if that's successful.  I was probably very generous with the
vegetables, though.  I hope you like this.

VEGAN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE

1 medium potato, peeled and coarsely diced
1/2 medium carrot, scraped and thickly sliced
1/2 med onion, peeled and coarsely diced
1 cup water
1 tsp salt
16 oz frozen chopped broccoli
4 oz firm tofu, crumbled
1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1 Tbs lemon juice
pinch garlic granules
1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
10 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
3/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a small saucepan, bring potato,
carrot, onion, 1 cup water and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
Lower heat to medium, cover and simmer until potato and carrot are
tender, about 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, thaw frozen broccoli in a
colander under hot running water, then set aside and drain well.

When potato mixture has finished simmering, pour into a blender and
add tofu, yeast, lemon juice and garlic.  Blend until very smooth and
creamy.  Pour into a shallow, greased 1 1/2 to 2 quart casserole.  Add
broccoli, rice, mushrooms and 3/4 cup water.  Stir well and smooth top
of casserole.  Bake for 40 minutes, until golden and bubbling.  Serves
4.

Substitution: Instead of frozen broccoli, you can use 1 lb fresh
broccoli (tops only), chopped and steamed briefly until crisp-tender,
then cooled under cold running water and drained thoroughly.

Per serving: 279 cal; 16 g prot; 3 g fat; 46 g carb; 0 chol; 735 mg
sod; 7 g fiber.