Great sandwich

Yesterday I was craving something along the idea of a Philadelphia cheese
steak sandwich and pizza at the same time.  Feeling unusually inventive, I
came up with this:

Philadelphia Cheeze Pizza Pita Sandwiches

1 big onion, sliced and left round
2-3 green peppers, chopped about the size of a quarter

Vegetable spray a pan and put it on medium high heat.  Add the onions and
peppers and add maybe 1/8 cup water.  Let it come to a boil and saute.

Meanwhile, dump a small can of tomato paste into a microwaveable bowl, and
add some Italian spices and some garlic powder.  Heat in the microwave
until hot and spread on the inside of pita bread halves.

Going back to the pan, sprinkle on maybe 1-2 Tbsp. garlic powder, some salt
and pepper, about 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (more if you want it cheezier),
and 1-2 Tbsp. soy sauce.  Then let it cook until everything is nice and
soft.  Keep adding water a little at a time if it looks like it's going to
dry out too much--the end result should be something with a slightly thick
broth, though not too much of it.  Fill up the pita pockets and enjoy!

This made 6 pita halves--two for me, and four for my husband.

Emily Swensen
Pyramus Online
Webbuilders