Bean & Cheese Manicotti

I modified a recipe out of "Lean Bean Cuisine" by Jay Solomon and
got this excellent dish:

Bean & Cheese Manicotti

1 med onion, chopped
4-10 cloves garlic, minced
3 8 oz cans tomato sauce
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 can pink/red beans, rinsed & drained
2 T dried oregano
1 T dried basil
1 t ground pepper
1/2 t salt

1 cup ff cottage or ricotta cheese
1 can navy or other white beans, rinsed & drained
1 egg
2 cups raw greens (I used spinach), finely chopped
1 T dried parsely
1 clove garlic, minced
4 oz ff mozzarella cheese

1 box manicotti (about 12)

Put the onion in a saucepan with a little water, "saute" until
soft. Add garlic through salt, bring to boil, then reduce to
simmer.

Mix together the cheese through the garlic in a blender or food
processor until nearly smooth. Add mozzarella and mix.

With a teaspoon, fill the uncooked manicotti with the cheese
mixture. Put in a rectangular cooking dish side by side, not
too crammed in. Cover with the tomato mixture. Cover tightly
with foil and cook in a 375F oven for an hour, or until the
manicotti are al dente.

This technique works very well with other fillings. I often
fill the manicottis with a refried bean mixture (with corn
and salsa), then cover the manicotti with green salsa.

Katherine