Regarding restaurants and health food stores in Denver:
1. Stores - Alfalfa's and Wild Oats - both phenomenal with several
locations in Denver and Boulder.
- Healthy Habits: huge salad bar, pasta bar, breads, etc. Cafeteria
style with fat free desserts. Warning: It's all you can eat, and I usually
need to be wheeled out I'm so full!
- Jerusalem: Middle Eastern little joint with great hummus and
several veggie items - ask them to go light on the oil.
- Beau Jo's: Pizza place offering fat free or low fat
cheese. Choose from white, honey wheat, or sesame crusts - with your
choice of crust thickness. I always get extra thick (takes 20 min.
longer to cook) cause I love bread. After you're done with a slice,
you've got a huge piece of doughy crust and they supply a honey bear
at every table to drizzle over your leftover crust.
- Ethiopean Restaurant: Eat the vegetarian special with your hands! A
mixture of peas, carrots, potatoes, lentils, and other items comes on
a large dish for two - you eat it with sourdough crepe-like things.
Go to the one on Colfax, West of Broadway.