quickie chili

for the person who needed quick holiday pre-shopping recipes-here's a favorite

1 can of beans (i have used chili hot beans, black beans, pinto beans, and
kidney beans- and I've enjoyed them all)
1 (same size) can of diced tomatoes-i've used the ones w/ onion and celery
already added, but I've used plain ones too)
Squirt of ketchup
Some chopped onion
Chili Powder
Some other spicy seasoning, I often use Old Bay Seasoning
Some liquid smoke
Pepper
Some garlic (I've used fresh, I've used powdered)
less than 1/8 cup of sugar or sweetener

	Take a non-stick pot of decent size. Throw in the onion, the spices, and
the liquid smoke. Dry saute all of that together on high heat until onion
is transparent. Pour in the tomatoes and the beans. Squirt in a bit of
ketchup and add the sugar. Sometimes I'll put in some more chili powder,
too. Let all of this cook on medium low for about 15 minutes. The flavors
blend together quite nicely.

Enjoy-serves about 2 for a quick on the go dinner
Gayle D. Green
Vanderbilt Institute for Public Policy Studies
Evaluation and Methodology Research

	"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former."

						-Albert Einstein