Lighter Bake

I found a recipe in the Honolulu Advertiser when we were there on vacation
for gingerbread cookies. It calls for 1/4 cup of Lighter Bake but also 3
Tbsp of butter. I called the 800 number on the jar to ask if I could omit
the butter and just add a little more Lighter Bake. They told me that
recipes that specified additional butter would fall apart if it was not
used. Any suggestions?

TIA, Carla