Re: "frying"

I use cast iron skillets alot, and use no oil in 'sauteing."  We wash them
without any soap (using very hot water and a brush for scrubbing), dry
them well, and then put a little oil (maybe 1/4 tsp) in the pan and use a
paper towel to coat the interior of the pan completely.  This keeps it
from rusting by keeping air from the iron surface.  The total amount of
oil left on the pan is probably no more than one 1-second spray of Pam.

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)