RE: Teff?

Beverly Brandt asked about how to make Ethopian flatbread using teff flour.
I'm a little behind in my digests, so someone might have already answered
this, but here's my recipe using regular wheat flour:

Mix together flour (whole wheat or white) in a blender with enough club
soda to make a thin batter (the same consistency as for making crepes. The
carbonation in the club soda gives the resulting pancakes a wonderful
lightness.

Pour enough batter into the bottom of a medium-heated nonstick frypan to
coat it (you'll have to experiment with the amount & thickness). I don't
usually have a problem with any sticking, but you could use nonstick spray
if you pan doesn't perform as well. The pancake will cook quickly -- flip
it over to cook the other side. Transfer to a plate and keep covered with a
towel to prevent it from cooling too much before serving.

I suppose you could substitute teff flour or other grain flours in this recipe.

Elsa Kapitan-White <kapitan-white@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Schlumberger Oilfield Marketing Services
225 Schlumberger Drive, Sugar Land, TX 77478
(281)285-7563, fax -8545