barley

Have been using recipes from "Dr. Berger's Immune Power Diet" exploring the
possibility that my childhood food allergies haven't subsided but at age 50
are just expressing themselves differently.
     Here are some of the barley recipes.  Cooked barley instead of oatmeal
for breakfast.  With fresh peaches just now coming into the farmers market
their addition to a bowl of hot barley is great.  No need to add anything
else.

                                 Tabouleh Salad

1 1/2 cups cooked pearl barley (1/2 c. dried)
1/4 c. diced sweet red pepper
1/4 c. diced green pepper
1/4 c diced cucumber
 3 T. chopped scallion
 3 T. chopped parsley
1/4 c. diced seeded plum tomatoes
 4 T. Tomato Juice Salad Dressing (I use Lemon Juice instead.  I don't care
for the
             Tomato Juice Dressing)
 Fresh ground black pepper.

     Place all ingredients in a bowl, toss and season to taste.  Chill for at
least 1 hour.  Stir once.  Tabouleh Salad can be chilled for up to 2 days.

                                                               Jo in
California