Barley Recipes and Toronto

Does anyone have some recipes that use barley (breakfast, lunch or
dinner)?  I tried it for the first time this weekend and was
happily impressed that such small portions made me feel full.  Usually,
whenever I eat bread, the only way to stop is when there is none left.

Also,I spend my week in Detroit.... :(   and my weekends in Toronto :).
Can anyone suggest some good veg. oriented bulk food stores in either
city?

Thanx,

Will Kossert