Re: i love food processors, and ongoing legacy

Anne wrote:

>"susan's pesto"
>[...] the recipe
>said that it makes exactly the right amount for 1 pound of pasta. each
>1-ounce serving contains 0.7 grams of fat. (i have NO idea how much 1
>ounce of pesto is, maybe 1 or 2 tablespoons?)

Hi Anne;
        If it's a liquid (or maybe 'mush') ounce, it's two tablespoons,
which is about what we put on a serving of pasta.  Sounds *really* good -
have you tried it with a splash of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice?  Or a
sprinkle of nutritional yeast when you plate it?  Mmmmmmmm....
        Pesto freezes amazingly well, so grab all the basil you can and
stock up while the stocking's good.  We freeze ours in an ice cube tray,
where the compartments are exactly 2 tablespoons, and wind up with little
single-serving cubes that we then store in ziploc freezer bags.  Excellent
medicine for the winter blahs.

Jacqueline