Re: Chickpea "Nuts" (Chickpea Crunchies)

Skinnerc & KarenM are trying to find the CHICKPEA CRUNCHIES snack sent in by Howard & Karen
Miller, so here it is:

>>I'm going CRAZY trying to find the recipe I saw for making chickpea nuts!  In my mind I can
>>"see" the article I saw it in... Something titled, roughly like, "Snacks Under 100 Calories
>>per Serving."

                 CHICKPEA CRUNCHIES

From: "Howard & Karen Miller" <hapiguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. Subject: spicy snacks under 100
calories. Here's a good snack which is a change of pace from pretzels for those of you who
like spicy and/or salty. I'm not sure who to give credit for it, but I found it somewhere on the
WWW.

2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained well and blotted dry
1/2 teaspoon salt (eliminate salt if you used canned beans)
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground cumin, ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

-Preheat oven to 400 degrees
-Toss the chickpeas with seasonings ( I put it in a ziplock bag) and spread on a nonstick
     baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.

I buy a big can of chickpeas at the price club and make a lot at one time.

---
Sherron, Poi Boy & Jazzy
La Palma, California (but my heart is in Hawaii)
See our rats at: http://users.deltanet.com/~dwp/ratgallery.html