Food counts

Hi, all;
        About the only thing I've come away from the mustard debate with is
a certainty that everyone's food count books and programs show different
values... sometimes drastically different.  Having numbers in print, in
black and white, from a widely published source, gave me a certain
confidence that's since been rather wiped out.  I know there's a link to the
USDA Nutrient Database (?) through the Fat Free web page, but I find that
cumbersome at best.  I suppose I'm relegated to taking recipe breakdowns as
'best guesses', rather than fact.
        As a footnote to respondants; those who posted were working with
published information, not just tossing numbers off the top of their heads.

Jacqueline