Chickpeas are easy to roast. Simply cook them as usual, spice them
and dry them.
I dry them in my over on a very low setting on a non-stick cookie sheet.
The oven happens to be a convection one and I use it in convection mode
but would also work with a normal oven - just watch it a little more
1. Chili Chickpeas - sprinkle them with chili powder, fresh ground cumin
aand a little salt.
2. Curry Chickpeas - sprinkle with your favorite curry mix and salt.
3. Buffalo Chickpeas - Mix tabasco sauce (or another similar pepper
sauce with some lemon juice (about equal proportions) or a few
crystals of citric acid (that is the acid in lemon juice). You need
the citric acid or the citric acid from the lemon juice because you
want a tart flavor to the final product. The vinegar in the tabasco
will evaporate during the drying process.
4. Taco Chickpeas - You guess it - roll them in taco seasoning then dry
5. Teriaki - cover with soysauce a little sugar, lots of garlic and
lots of fresh back pepper and dry.
6. Cajun - Season with your favorite cajun spice mix and dry
Edmonton Alberta Canada