Re: Coleslaws

Greetings,

(Thanks to all for their great recipes and for sharing their experiences
re: fatfree vegetarian living.)

Marjorie was asking about vegan coleslaws.  I recently made a really easy
mock coleslaw out of whatever was left in the pantry and it came out pretty
tasty, especially after letting it stand in the fridge for a couple of
hours.  I used about 1/4 of a medium white cabbage, thinly sliced, 1 large
carrot, julienned, 1 medium onion, thinly sliced, and a small drained and
rinsed can of chickpeas.  Mix all ingredients together with some Kraft
fatfree italian dressing and 1/2 tsp of dried basil, pepper to taste.  It
was great with new potatoes and my  new fave 'mushroom steak' (large
mushrooms marinated in a mixture of water, a little soya sauce,
chili-and-garlic sauce and a drop of liquid smoke, then grilled or nuked).
Yum.

Hope this 'appeals',

Regards,

Jaana

Jaana Montgomery                School of Psychology
Administration Assistant        Victoria University of Wellington/
Ph: +64-4-471-5373              Te Whare Wananga o te Upoko o te Ika a Maui
Fax: +64-4-496-5402             PO Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand

Email: Jaana.montgomery@xxxxxxxxx