Barley spinach casserole

I made the Spinach and Barley Bake or casserole.  It was great, even my husband
liked it although he thought it would have been better with chicken!  Oh well!
Anyway, I cooked the barley in the water listed in the recipe, and it took about
15 minutes for it to be soft.  Most of the water was absorbed.  I might use a
little more water next time though, since the barley was still a wee bit hard.
I also used a 10 oz bag of fresh spinach that I nuked to wilt it.  It worked
great.   I also used about 2.5-3 cups of mushrooms, and used a combo of shitake,
oyters, and the regular standard variety.  My entire recipe filled a 2 quart
casserole dish.  Anyway, I would definitely make it again!    Karen