Salad Pizza

I just had to write in and tell everyone about the great pizza I had the
other night.  It's called a salad pizza, and a little pizzeria not too
far from where I live in NYC makes it (and seems to be the *only* place
that has even heard of such a thing).  They bake a regular pizza crust
with tomato sauce only, then when the crust comes out of the oven, they
smother it with salad -- lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc.  With a little
oregano and balsamic vinegar sprinkled on top it makes an excellent cold
pizza, just perfect for the hot summer months.  It seems like it would be
very easy to replicate at home, too, especially for those who want to use
ff pizza dough instead of commercial doughs, and the salad toppings can
be altered to suit anyone's taste.

Happy Pizza-ing!
Linda