Re: FATFREE Digest V97 #168

This message is for Melissa who inquired about a vegetarian diet and losing
weight...I am not a doctor, but I am speaking from my own personal
experience.  I am 46 years old, and I started a vegetarian diet this past
February, mostly for health reasons (history of heart disease in family)....I
lost 22 pounds by not eating any meat and eating a well-balanced vegetarian
diet of pasta, vegetables, fruit and vitamin supplements...I also began an
exercise regimen of walking or running every other day....and on alternate
days I rollerblade....I went from a size 10 dress to a size 6....and I am
very happy with the way I feel, more than anything....so I believe that you
are on the right track....being a vegetarian has many benefits.....losing
weight
was just a bonus....Good Luck!