re:squash

Dianne-

First, 1 squash plant is enough. If what you have is yellow summer squash,
there are a lot of things you can do.

1. Steam slices with some onion and sprinkle on salt and pepper or your
favorite seasonings.

2. Saute in some white wine and balsamic vinegar with the herbs of your
choice. This works well for a lot of vegetables.

3. I don't have a specific recipe for baking, but you can cut the squash in
half, scoop out the seed part, chop, saute in wine with some onion, tomato,
and green pepper, add seasoning to taste, mix with some bread crumbs, put
back in squash halves, and bake at 350 until done.

4. Cook, mix with spaghetti sauce and serve over pasta.

5. Slice and eat raw in a salad or with your favorite fat-free dip.

Be creative. My philosophy about overabundant vegetables is that they are
good for experimenting. If it doesn't turn out, you haven't lost much.

Dave

David Ungar, M.D.                               Office Phone:717-531-6012
Penn State University College of Medicine       Fax: 717-531-8985
Hershey Medical Center, Dept of Pediatrics      e-mail: dru1@xxxxxxx
Hershey PA 17033
Visit our web page at http://www.hmc.psu.edu/peds/