Yogurt Cheese & Brown Rice

A couple of comments from a usually-lurker:

I made yogurt cheese the other day and made two good flavors,

1/2 C yogurt cheese
1/4 t vanilla extract
1/4 t orange extract
a large pinch ginger
1/4 t sugar

and

1/2 C yogurt cheese
1/8 t dried minced garlic
1/4 t snipped fresh rosemary (no doubt crumbled dried would work too)
a large pinch salt
a large pinch ginger

In either case, mix well and let it sit over night.

And in the rice cooker question, many have posted good ideas. I find
that if I use 1.5 times the suggested white rice water amount, then
my brown rice comes out fine. So if I put in 2 cups of brown rice,
then I fill the water up to the "3" mark. Be sure to wait the 15
minutes after the ding (or whatever your rice cooker recommends).

Katherine Albitz