Rice Cookers

After reading so much about rice cookers on the list, I finally went out
and bought one.  It's a Salton.  Thing is, I'm not getting really great
results with brown rice, which is what I most want to make.  The
instructions say to use the same amount of water as white (?!), and then to
let it sit in the cooker for 15 minutes after the cooking automatically
shuts off.  As you might imagine, this makes an edible but hard rice.  Does
anyone else have this brand of Rice Cooker?  I'd love some tips on how to
make good brown rice in it.

Thanks

Holly
holly@xxxxxxx