Acorn Squash

All of these great squash ideas, I had to throw out some of my favs.
Growing up, mom used to throw about 1/4 of butter and some brown sugar in a
half of one. Uh, I tried a healthier version!

Acorn squash, halved and seeded.
Water
Brown sugar and cinnamon to taste
Molly McButter.
Raisins

Fill and bake.

New Florida version:

1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
orange juice
brown sugar, cinnamon to taste
dash of cloves

Fill and bake.

For your butternut squash:

1 butternut squash halved and seeded
crushed pineapple
OJ
cinnamon.

It's important to prick the length of the squash, as the cavity is so small
on these.  I fill the cavity with the pineapple and juice, pour a bit of the
Oj in there and the cover the length of the squash with the pineapple.  Dust
with cinnamon.  When you bake it, the pineapple seeps in through the
punctures.  Wonderful!

I will only bake my squash, as the difference in taste is substantial.  The
slow cooking really gives them a nice flavor.

Thanks for the great cutting ideas!  I have been hacking away at them with
my machete-like knife for awhile now.

Enjoy!

Lisa