Vegan Cornbread

Saw a request for a vegan cornbread recipe in on of the recent digests,
this is something I've come up with that even non-vegans like

1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
1 Cup Whole Wheat or White Flour
1 TBS Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
1/4 to 1/3 Cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
1 TBS Energ Egg Replacer
1 Cup Harmony Farms Rice Drink (or a similar substitute, I use no fat, thus
my choice)
1 to 2 TBS maple syrup (optional)

I'm still experimenting with the amound of liquid.  It may need to be
bumped up a little because of the action of the Energ Egg Replacer.  The
next batch I bake will have 1/4 cup more of the Harmony Farms drink.

I've recently replaced all of my bakeware with Baker's Secret from
Eckoware.  All of my old stock was sticky from using "no fat" sprays.  Now
all of my bakeware looks like it did the day I bought them.  NO FAT has
ever been put in or on those pans.

Beverly Kurtin of
Bev's Cooking & Eating Show
A NON-Copywrited weekly column now available at
http://startext.net/homes/bevku/show.htm