Re: Jalapenos

>My wife and I have a small garden, and usually we only grow herbs in it. This
>year, though, we decided to grow some jalapeno peppers too. Well, the harvest
>was wonderful  and now we have a lot of jalapenos just waiting to be  used.
>Anyone have any good recipes that aren't *too* hot so we can  use them?
>Thanks.
>
>Shawn

The best way to "de-heat" jalapenos or other hot chilis is to seed them,
remove the veins, then soak them in several changes of water. I've found
this gets the heat down to a tolerable level without spoiling their
delicious taste.

P.S. Never pick them green! They are far tastier when red and fully ripe --
they lose the unripe, sour tast -- same with bell peppers.

--
Sherry Rose                The tree grew right over it! ~>
sherry@xxxxxxxxx       http://home.aol.com/Sherry4803