Broccoli stems

At 03:48 AM 9/9/96 -0700, fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>From: Joseph & Dianne Fago <joeanddi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: broccoli stems
>Hello All!
>   Does anyone have any good ways to use up broccoli stems? I have a lot

        I've mentioned this before but it's worth repeating.  I learned
after I moved here to Canada to peel the tougher outer skin of the broccoli
and then slice the stem like coins.  Just add them to your tossed salad.
This is the best way I have now to use up the stems.  The inner part of the
stem is very tender and milder tasting than celery.

C'ya,
Jo

quoise@xxxxxxxxxx
There is a solution for everything.
Maybe if I sit here long enough and think, then I'll know.