Another bean recipes

Here's a recipe that I tried yesterday.  In the book it says that this would
make a good main-course salad or would be good stuffed into a warm pita
bread along with some chopped cucumber and tomoat.  There are a lot of good
sounding recipes in this book (I accidentaly recieved it from a cookbook
club) and I will share them as soon as I try them out for myself!

Turkish Bean Salad (T):

2 cups drained cooked white beans, warm or at room temperature
1 cup thinly sliced red onions
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 cups torn lettuce leaves
Lemon slices, garnish

1.  In a medium bowl, combine beans, onions, parslely, bell peppers, lemon
juice, salt and black pepper.  Cover and let stand 1 hour or longer, tossing
serveal times to blend flavors.  (It doesn't say to keep this in the
refrigerator, but I did).
2.  Line 4 plates with lettuce.  Spoon one-fourth of the salad onto each
plate. Garnish with lemon slices.

Per serving: (3/4c salad + 1 cup lettuce): 190 calories, 1 g saturated fat,
0 mg cholesterol, 409 sodium, 30 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber, 10 g protein,
147 calcium.  (this is including 2 tsp. olive oil and 1/2 ounce black olives
which I omitted.)
Source: Weight Watchers Cut the Fat Cookbook, pg. 43