Sugar in recipes

In digest #273 Margie asked about cutting down sugar in recipes:

I almost always cut the sugar in recipes by one-third. For the carrot cake
recipe I would reduce the amout of sugar to 1 1/3 cups. If the recipe has
raisins or dates (or any other sweet fruit), I cut the amount of sugar in
half. There is very little difference in taste when you cut the amount of
sugar--guess that's a clear sign that we use too much sugar most of the
time!

Have a terrific weekend everyone!

Bethann
Loving the cool, sunny, autumn North Carolina weather!

Bethann D. Watson                       Cisco Systems, Inc.
Senior Technical Editor                 Research Triangle Park, NC
Knowledge Products-IBU                  Phone: (919) 472-2117
E-mail: bwatson@xxxxxxxxx               Fax: (919) 472-2399