leeks

Tamara,  I discovered leeks a couple years ago because of a split pea soup I
wanted to try.  I've been using leeks ever since.  I don't like onions all
that much, but leeks I do like, and I add them pretty much to every soup
that calls for either onion or leek.  I don't know about anyone else, but
when I buy leeks, there are no "stalks", just one whole leek, and I used
only the white part, and the white/green parts--the dark green stuff I
discard.  I split the leek in half lengthwise and rinse the insides
thoroughly before chopping.

Yumm yumm.  I've got that soup recipe too, haven't tried it yet.  May have
to now, my curiosity is peaked.

gretchen

U.S. Presidential Elections coming up!
Tired of the Demo/Repub. scene?