Leeks

Hi Tamara,

I saw your questions about leeks, and couldn't resist answering. Leeks are
delicious and would really be nicer than onions in the soup recipe. 3 leeks
means 3 whole leeks, but as you will see in the supermarket, they come in
large and small sizes (as do onions), so it's a guess as to how much leek
"3" means. I just tend to buy a bunch and use them all in a soup recipe. You
don't use the tough greens, just the white part. One caveat: wash them
thoroughly...they tend to be VERY sandy! Good luck!

Karen Neale