Veggie Burger REcipe

Janice,

Here is our Lentil Buger recipe.  We used to grill these, but now mostly just broil them in the oven.  Texture is very firm.

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                              Lentil Burgers

Recipe By     : Deb Steelman
Categories    : Grains And Beans                 Main Dishes
                Family Approved

   1      cup           lentils
     2/3  cup           rice
   2 1/2  cups          water
   1      slice         wheat bread
     1/2  cup           onion -- chopped
     1/4  teaspoon      celery salt

Cook Lentils and rice together in water till water is absorbed.
mash lentils and rice.  Tear bread up and add to lentil mixture with the remaining ingredients.  Mix thouroughly, and form into patties.
Broil until browned, turning once.