Greens

FFers,
        I will have to disagree with Trish's assessment of collards and
greens in general.  It is true that traditionally greens were literally
boiled to death and needed other things added to it to increase the flavor
(namely pork products).  I believe a fresher, lighter hand in preparing
and cooking greens is more appropriate and allows you to taste the natural
flavor of the green.  From salad greens to cooking greens you can get
flavors ranging the gamut from nutty, bitter to spicy.  Vegetarian Times'
November
issue has a timely article on greens. Check it out!

Sincerely,
Lorletha