Apple Bread

Hi everyone --
I would first like to rant for a moment about the increase in personal
advertisements on this list.  Could everyone please sell their products on
their own private WEB page, and keep this list to discussions of fat free
eating and recipes?  I, for one, am a bit tired of personal sales
announcements regarding health food products and supplements in which list
members have a personal financial interest.  (Sorry for my own off-topic
post.  This has just become a personal peeve of mine lately.)

Enough said, here is a great bread recipe that is wonderful for cold weather
mornings with a mug of hot tea.
- Christy in Wild, Wonderful West Virginia

SUPER MOIST APPLE BREAD  <T>
2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. apple juice
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. finely chopped tart apples (like Granny Smith)
1/4 c. dried cranberries (or raisins)
Combine flour, brown sugar & baking soda; stir well.  Add apple juice &
vanilla; stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.  Fold in apples.
 Fold in cranberries or raisins.  Spray a nonstick pan lightly with Pam or
other nonstick cooking spray.  Spread mixture evenly in pan.  Bake at 325 F
for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in then center of the
loaf comes out clean.  Remove from oven & let sit in pan 10 minutes.  Remove
from pan & cool on wire rack.  16 slices.  89 calories per slice.  0.3 g fat.
 3% fat.  NOTE:  I added 1 Tbsp. wheat germ and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to mine as
well.  It was heavenly -- I couldn't wait for the bread to cool before I
sliced it because it smelled so good.